The object of the Federation is to study and implement the appropriate means to achieve the following aims:
a) to strengthen the fraternal ties between automobile experts and ensure compliance with the duties attached to the exercise of the profession.
b) to define qualification criteria so as to determine a sufficient level of technical competence in the fields of:
- Road safety
- Inquiry into causes and circumstances as well as the reconstruction of traffic accidents
- Determination of the origin and consequences of mechanical damage or an accident
- Assessment of vehicles as well as the method and estimation of repairs to them
c) to act in order to homogenize the service of automobile expertise throughout the member countries.
d) to answer inquiries about technical subjects which may be made by international bodies, in the members’ interest.
e) to draw up, update, distribute and promote a list of all its associate members ( Art. 7).
f) to keep its members informed of scientific ant technical progress and distribute information collected concerning this.
g) to examine all provisions which might allow an acceleration in the process of reaching a mutual agreement on a disputed appraisal.
h) to establish and maintain all useful relationships with organizations which might take an interest in I.F.A.E. activities, more particularly:
· international economic and political institutions
· courts of law
· insurance companies
· consumer and user protection associations
· the liberal professions
· any persons and any organizations which are likely to gain recognition for the profession of the automobile expert.
The listing of the above mentioned aims is not restrictive but merely a statement. It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors of the I.F.A.E. to undertake any actions and any studies which might be deemed useful for the recognition, organization, promotion, defense and continuity of the profession of the automobile expert.
FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DES EXPERTS EN AUTOMOBILE Rue des Plantes, 41/43 - 75014 Paris